I have two snags on the C130...

keitumetse

Greetings good people.....

I have two snags on the C130...

1. Port wings wing lifts when all thrust reversers are activated, any idea why....!

2. Problems with fuel indication....inconsistent reading/gauging between the cockpit and SPR gauges and with the dipstick..

• 1 month later...

1. If by port wings wing lifts when all thrust reversers are activated you mean that when condition levers are in reverse the left wing tip rises then you have low fluid in your right aft mlg strut.

2. Fuel indication is never perfect on a 130. The SPR gages run off signals sent from the gages in the flight deck and dipping the tanks will only get you a rough estimate of what's in there depending on how the aircraft is sitting and what the temperature is. The gage in the flight deck is the most accurate when it's working properly and should always be what you go by when the SPR panel is reading something different, just be sure to dip the tank to be sure.

Good luck

If you have a GTF-6 or silver suitcase available, connect it to one of the flight deck indicators. Follow the tech data to input the capacitance amount for zero and full and adjust the indicator accordingly. Now set in a capacitance amount equal to half full. Check the indicator. Keep changing capacitance values and checking the indicator. If the indicator doesn't follow, you know your indicator is bad. If it does, start looking for bad splices usually in the flap well area. Ensure the splices are environmental. I have changed many splices in the flap well area because the splices were non-environmental and became corroded. Of course, changing out the cable from one coax pass through connector to another is the best choice. Also look at the coax pass through connectors in the flap well area. Make sure the connectors and connections are good and especially checking that the connectors have the insulation washer inside. If they don't, that's an easy way for fluid to enter and create corrosion issues as well. Hope you get if figured out.

• 1 month later...

HI Ben Legere'

Dear sir

I disagree your opinion which have mentioned here, i your F/deck fuel gauge are perfect & your fuel ignition system, performing well than there no reason scale difference between F/Deck SPR because alway repeater F/Deck,The system require GFT-4/6 testing. Do not take any risk. because it is matter of fuel indicating problem.immediate maintenance is required

Regards

Munir Abbasi

ATI Home of hercules traing center pakistan

HI Ben Legere'

Dear sir

I disagree your opinion which have mentioned here, i your F/deck fuel gauge are perfect & your fuel indication system, performing well than there no reason scale difference between F/Deck SPR because alway repeater F/Deck,The system require GFT-4/6 testing. Do not take any risk. because it is matter of fuel indicating problem.immediate maintenance is required

Regards

Munir Abbasi

ATI Home of hercules traing center pakistan