Blinking Light and Bield Kirk

miked62

I'm more of a Herk admirer than a former crewmember, but I was reading recently about the dedication of the AC-130H at Cannon AFB's Heritage park. As part of the aircraft's history, it mentioned Operation Blinking Light and Bield Kirk over El Salvador. I vaguely remember the Blinking Light mission appearing on daily reconnaissance mission summaries while I was in the Air Force over 25 years ago, but wasn't sure what they entailed. Can anyone please provide more information on these missions? Thanks.

• 6 years later...
On 5/14/2014 at 8:53 PM, miked62 said:

I'm more of a Herk admirer than a former crewmember, but I was reading recently about the dedication of the AC-130H at Cannon AFB's Heritage park. As part of the aircraft's history, it mentioned Operation Blinking Light and Bield Kirk over El Salvador. I vaguely remember the Blinking Light mission appearing on daily reconnaissance mission summaries while I was in the Air Force over 25 years ago, but wasn't sure what they entailed. Can anyone please provide more information on these missions? Thanks.

Bield Kirk, Blue Flame and Blinking Light were all the same mission. They just changed the name every three years or when the mission name was compromised.