C-130A model Maximum takeoff weight?

Dutch

Any one out there know what the Maximum takeoff weight of the a model was?

I have found 2 different ones: 155.00 an 124,200.

Is either one of these right or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

I think combat weights were somewhat higher. I remember the "E" had a 175,000 ETO and that was used during the resupply to the Dominican Republic in 1965/66. We were loading at Pope and came awfully close to the tree tops on take off heading down to the DR.

I think combat weights were somewhat higher. I remember the "E" had a 175,000 ETO and that was used during the resupply to the Dominican Republic in 1965/66. We were loading at Pope and came awfully close to the tree tops on take off heading down to the DR.

The 175K was for Emergency War Planning or whenever the head shed decided that a mission was deemed a high enough priority to warrant the additional hazard. During the Guatamalia Earthquake relief we had and E model and we were told to load up with max aircraft fuel and max fuel bladders in the back and get them to the relief center in Mexico. Filled up with fuel at Kelly then struggled our way into air heading south. Don't remember what we weighed, but we were heavy, 80K OW, 63K fuel, and max fuel in the bladders. There were no higher "combat weights." Just the 175K as deemed by the head shed when needed.

Frank,

This is from an old Lockheed pamphlet that came out about the brand new A-model. It has 124,000 pounds.

Don R.

Not only is my memory going, but so is my eyesight. That A-model pamphlet I posted earlier does say 124,200 lbs.

Don R.

Try getting a weight of an Army truck after it has been in the field for a few weeks. There is a faded chalk marking of its weight when it was weighed before it went to the field. That was when it was loaded and clean. Now it is reloaded and covered in mud. Also rotations with the E model, fuel and equipment took us to near max. Then add the crew, passengers and baggage. Still on the ground at 5,000 down the runway on takeoff.