Compressor Performance

Hello Everyone,

I'm running the Compressor performance check , and I have all values of compressor pressure above above a normal sittuation in T.O. 2J - T56-56 SWP 058 04, always in HIGH ZONE. In troubeshotting we have notice that PS3 (CDP) pressure begin taking in the 2 hours position, but in related manual Figure 2 the CDP pressure has to be taken in 11 hours position.

I am still waiting for the next engine come from shop to test cell to fix that.

My question is the oil tube (HOT OIL) that pass in the diffuser in 2 hours position next to the bleed presure tap (where I take the CDP pressure actually) can affect my CDP reading like that ?

27,58 inHg

CIT (TAMB) 74 F

PS3(CDP) EST. 103.3 psi

PS3(CDP) READ 112.03 psi

COMPRESSOR RATIO 8.02

ENGINE PERFORMANCE 97,18 %

Thaks for all!

In over 500 engines on test cell, I have only ever seen 1 engine in high zone. My calculator shows

you should have a normal zone of 95.1 to 102.6. You need to check your test cell guages and transducers,

as a start, and also check your thermocouples for correct TIT output. As a rule-of-thumb check, 75degrees

on coordinator is very close to 900TIT for a T56/501 engine

To check thermocouples, you need to find a way to switch over the IND/AMP wires at the T-block. I have

a relay that I switch during the run (for safety reasons, I do this with TD switch in NULL) - a change of

more than 6degrees C indicates a problem with TIT indication system

In over 500 engines on test cell, I have only ever seen 1 engine in high zone. My calculator shows

you should have a normal zone of 95.1 to 102.6. You need to check your test cell guages and transducers,

as a start, and also check your thermocouples for correct TIT output. As a rule-of-thumb check, 75degrees

on coordinator is very close to 900TIT for a T56/501 engine

To check thermocouples, you need to find a way to switch over the IND/AMP wires at the T-block. I have

a relay that I switch during the run (for safety reasons, I do this with TD switch in NULL) - a change of

more than 6degrees C indicates a problem with TIT indication system

Hello pjvr99,

yes, I had a problem with my transducer cables.

Thanks for the answer.

The compressor in Normal zone.

Thanks for all.

Well that was easy .... glad to assist :-)

Several years ago, the computer system on my cell crashed completely. As an interim

measure I installed regular aircraft guages and direct reading guages untill we received

the new system. I made the installation dual, so even if the computer fails during a run,

all indication continues uninterrupted. You may want to do similar on your cell

Edited by pjvr99
Additional info

Well that was easy .... glad to assist :-)

Several years ago, the computer system on my cell crashed completely. As an interim

measure I installed regular aircraft guages and direct reading guages untill we received

the new system. I made the installation dual, so even if the computer fails during a run,

all indication continues uninterrupted. You may want to do similar on your cell

A very good idea.Redundancy dosen't hurt.