Battery preflight and start procedure?

NATOPS1

Thanks Frank. I have a EC-130G/Q (1983 Change 4 '89) NATOPS but it is not what I'm looking for. It references Ext AC and or DC for preflight but not Battery only. The Scramble refers to an already preflighted AC...

I'm looking for a checklist one would use to "preflight" with the Battery in order to start an engine. This would be in the case the ATM/ APU gen was inop, NO ext AC power.

I know what I would check and I'm sure there are lots of ideas out there but looking for a "Published" checklist.

Not if I've ever seen such and animal. Maybe have but just don't remember. Without an AC source of power couldn't do much of a preflight., other than the visual, and whatever DC parts. No surer I've even check the inverters. Just get everything done up to starting engines. Inverteres ON during start, then OFF once an indication of start and engine rolling up.

Seems odd not having any AC power for start.

NO Ext power available and the GTC/APU No start or ATM/APU Gen not working... Can't imagine there is not a DC only or maybe even EXT DC Preflight.

I agree... Bat on, Tie Bus, Fire test, Nacelle test, LE Overheat test, set up for start, inverter on and start...

Sir if your in remote area, A/C Battery is the only source is available for pre flight /post flight inspection All DC buses & inverter bus can be energised through battery for limited time, by using DC bus tie SW located OHECP. it batter to use the battery in isolated area only FOR operation of GTC/APU . rest of inspection can carried by ATM/APU generator

Regards

Munir Abbasi ATI

Home of hercules center Pakistan

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I may be old and full of crs, but how you gonna start without bleed air to turn the starters?

Guess a group of people could stand in front of one of the engines and blow real hard so it could windmill.

I have met some peeps that could do that all by themselvs.