65-0984 with the KY ANG

KoenL

Hi all,

Been a while since I last posted on here but can anyone confirm if WC-130H 65-0984 is with the KY ANG please? Have seen a report of it flying with the 165th in December of 2012 but I can't find any images of it wearing KY ANG markings. In fact I can't find any images of 65-0984 after 2011!

Thanks,

Koen

As of 1 Jan 14 there were 9 WC-130H's still flying as WC's

6 with the PRANG 64-14861 and 66

65-0963,66,68,85

2 are assigned to Guard units 65-0980 assigned to Savanah and 65-0984 assigned to KYANG But both of these aircraft are at Little Rock as trainers with AR ANG. However 984 has been at Hill on maintenance for a long time. Don't know if it is back yet.

65-0967 is at Waco supposed to be converted to an EC-130H but last I heard that was on hold.

• 2 weeks later...

As of 1 Jan 14 there were 9 WC-130H's still flying as WC's

6 with the PRANG 64-14861 and 66

65-0963,66,68,85

2 are assigned to Guard units 65-0980 assigned to Savanah and 65-0984 assigned to KYANG But both of these aircraft are at Little Rock as trainers with AR ANG. However 984 has been at Hill on maintenance for a long time. Don't know if it is back yet.

65-0967 is at Waco supposed to be converted to an EC-130H but last I heard that was on hold.

I am in the AR Guard. I have not seen any WC's here. What type of training are they supposed to be doing here doing?

I am in the AR Guard. I have not seen any WC's here. What type of training are they supposed to be doing here doing?

Was just out at Waco 3 weeks ago and 65-967 is there being retrofitted to a EC-130H flying test bed as we speak. It was approx 50% complete with the work when I saw it. Given the extent of the mods required for configuration control, they were able to justify a complete re-wire of the acft...nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip. And it will have the AMP and glass flightdeck too.

I went to a briefing at ACC awhile back and was told that 967 was being modified because they needed more EC's at DMto mod 967.

Then I heard that they were going to park half the EC's at DM to save money. Funny they have enough money to mod 967 at the same time they have 7 EC's about to be parked?

Bob

I went to a briefing at ACC awhile back and was told that 967 was being modified because they needed more EC's at DMto mod 967.

Then I heard that they were going to park half the EC's at DM to save money. Funny they have enough money to mod 967 at the same time they have 7 EC's about to be parked?

Bob

Bob, You remember the difference between the air force and the boy scouts?

Answer: The boy scouts have adult leadership!!

See you at Pigeon Forge.

Was just out at Waco 3 weeks ago and 65-967 is there being retrofitted to a EC-130H flying test bed as we speak. It was approx 50% complete with the work when I saw it. Given the extent of the mods required for configuration control, they were able to justify a complete re-wire of the acft...nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip. And it will have the AMP and glass flightdeck too.

Well doesn't that just figure...this probably isn't the same "AMP" that the AF is trying so deperately to kill.

• 3 weeks later...