ABCCC

tinwhistle

Some time ago there was a discussion in this forum concerning the ABCCC birds in Vietnam. Even though I actually assisted in loading the module, both at CCK and at Danang I was told that I was mistaken, that the modules were loaded and hooked up in the States. Just the other day I stumbled upon some old pictures, and low and behold, there is a pic of the ABCCC mod being loaded. And it ain't at Hickam or anywhere else in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken, it's at Danang. I'll see if I can upload the pic to this post. If not it can be viewed in "My Gallery".

Some time ago there was a discussion in this forum concerning the ABCCC birds in Vietnam. Even though I actually assisted in loading the module, both at CCK and at Danang I was told that I was mistaken, that the modules were loaded and hooked up in the States. Just the other day I stumbled upon some old pictures, and low and behold, there is a pic of the ABCCC mod being loaded. And it ain't at Hickam or anywhere else in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken, it's at Danang. I'll see if I can upload the pic to this post. If not it can be viewed in "My Gallery".

When I was at CCK I worked in the reventments performing phase inspections on the ABCCC's in 68/69. They came from Vietnam or Thighland, I forget which and they never had the capsule in them when we got them.

I may not remember much about those days, but I distinctly remember (whenever the rare camo painted Herk showed up) thinking that it was just plain UGLY!

I do over look Giz's affinity to the camouflaged Herk 'cause he was young and impressionable and had not served in a squadron of silver birds. Nothing like a flight line of silver!!!!!