FUEL FLOW VS POWER SETTING

herky400M

HELLO C-130 WORLD, a few years ago I asked a question concerning FUEL FLOW vs POWER SETTING .:cool:

most of the our T56-A-15 engine show too much fuel flow in LSGI setting and in MAX REV compared with the charts in the TO 382C-2-3 section 9. in some cases there are also problems on the other settings, normal speed and flight idle.

I don't know the Technical manuals other nations use, but it is the test were you have to compare : torque, fuel flow, RPM and TIT.

Does any of you guy's, C-130 users, have similar problems ?

how do you coop with this problem?

is a straight FCU replacement?

FF transmitters are calibrated at source of repair!

thx 4 coop,:D

herky400m @ BE

Munir, it's more complex than just adjust the td-valve, and where do I have to adjust the FCU? concering that the Start temperature is ok in NULL and AUTO.

are the charts updated on what kind of fuel type we use, or does this not matter

I've got figures from Spanish and French C-130's who shows simular "problems"

there must be an exlpanation......

comon guys

herky400M

• 7 months later...

how rich are your fuel controls? this can be accomplished by putting the engines at 900 TIT and going from auto to null. if it rises its rich if it lowers its lean. if its super rich you can adjust the bellow on the fuel control to lower the amount of fuel scheduled to that engine. You will have to accomplish an auto and null start to make sure its still in perameters, if not you can  adjust the td valve for minor amounts of fuel.

Just saw this post, so here's my 2cents. A15 ff xmtr (big black metal block) tends to read higher than charts

indicate at lower throttle setting. D22A xmtr (small silver can) appears to be more accurate. My test cell runs

both types of engine. I can only surmise this is due to the way each transmitter works.

A15 when engine is powered up, you can hear a clicking noise coming from the xmtr. On occasion when we

experienced fuel/acceleration problems , this clicking noise was erratic or even absent. The D22 xmtr, is a simple

in-line turbine driving a pulse generator