FE and LM flying the 130

cfisher

I know that most FE and LM has flown the ci30. I will tell my story. we were coming back from the shuttle to CRB one night and the pilot wanted to do some touch and goes. He asked me and the load master to get in the pilot seat he got in the co pilot seat so I got in and gave it a try. I did 4 or 5 . I know the pilot really did most of the flying. I did like the go around. the load master got in the seat and he did a lot a lot better than I did

When I was a LM in the CA ANG (1975/76), we were flying an AFTP (Training flight) and everybody up front had all their squares filled - the pilot knew I had a Private license (about 200 hours at that time) so he asked if I wanted to shoot a few landings.. I got in the left seat and he gave me 6 landings (he was also an FAA CFI, so he put it in my logbook later).. anyway, the first landing showed me you don't wipe off all the power like you do with a Cessna -- after that, he said I didn't do too bad.. I really enjoyed it!!