USCG

bobdaley

Bob,

It's my understanding that all the USCG going to the forest service are going to come through Robins for PDM/center wing box change (if required) and then they will be modified for the mission. I'm also understanding the Robins will modify the acft for MAFFS II or LMCO will for the Coulson System. I haven't heard the official selection of which system will be used. Robins has the first acft going to USFS in the PDM system now, will also be painted with USFS paint scheme.

Bob

I sent an update via email.

There are 2 aircraft in the USFS pipeline. One was already in the CW line at Robins when the orders came down. It will also get new outer wings and the USFS paint job. The second aircraft is on the way out the CG door. Both aircraft are getting the MAFFS mod.

BTW Larry, the AF didn't have a choice, it was in the language of the bill that they would pay for the mods...

Got the update, Thanks

For those interested USCG cut 4 H models this year 1717 went to NASA, 1708 to USFS, 1721 the old mushroom topped H is going to USFS and 1504, the one with the neat retro paint job was scrapped.

The next J for the USCG 2007 is flying at Lockheed.

Bob

Bob

I sent an update via email.

There are 2 aircraft in the USFS pipeline. One was already in the CW line at Robins when the orders came down. It will also get new outer wings and the USFS paint job. The second aircraft is on the way out the CG door. Both aircraft are getting the MAFFS mod.

BTW Larry, the AF didn't have a choice, it was in the language of the bill that they would pay for the mods...