American Sniper

RavenFE

Well, that was us too. 57-0466, again. The scenes were shot at San Bernardino, old Norton AFB on the far east end of the ramp for the scene where Chris Kyle talks to his brother and the troops are getting on the plane. I got to meet Clint Eastwood and it was great working with him, what neat guy and a great sense of humor, very soft spoken. Wish we could flown for some scenes but alas it wasn't in the budget. He spent several hours on board the aircraft filming two interior scenes, one with the flag draped caskets, the other scene was apparently left on the cutting room floor.

Fritz, just out of curiousity, are you referring to the far east end of the main ramp or the east end of the ramp by the end of runway 24? The reason I ask is because the east ramp by rwy 24 is where the Heavy Chain C-130's were parked when I was stationed there in 1971.

Don R.

Thanks Fritz. I was in Transient Alert when I was there. Had my paperwork in to go to the 1198th when I got orders for Korat RTAFB, Thailand. The 1198th was no more by the time I got back.

Did you happen to make it to the Jet Bar by the main gate? A real dump.

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE