buddy jet eng shop

JackRukavina

hey guys from the 314th fms jet eng shop 68 69 and all c130 lovers look forward to hearing from you was tdy first part 69 to cam ranh bay flight line dispatch truck fms worked on 64 0505 for mr sanchez will forward picture thanks for new found friends from just a few years back last worked on c130 air nat guard 89 93 st joseph mo.

Scroll down and read the thread about finally I am a Vietnam veteran...I just went through the process...Order your military records from St Louis...In it your should find a travel voucher from your TDY...Your APR might reference your TDY to RVN...I put my evidence together and sent it to Randolph AFB. About a week ago I got a response with a letter that confirmed my Vietnam service...All my time was TDY from CCK...They left it off my DD214...Good luck..

BR

I have records from st Louis dd214 shows vsm and time at cck however dosent show tdys sent 22 pictures of myself in cam rahn bay one of those pictures was myself standing by 64 0505 in the reventment on the flight line with notorized letter explaining the pictures they still want boots on the ground proof about to pull my hair out what I have left.ask for pay records they could not find hoping to get buddy letter thanks br im not going to give up

Send your packet to Randolph AFB and get them to review your evidence. It will take about 12 weeks to get a review and acknowledgement of RVN service. They will send you a letter to use with the VA. Based on what we know now about the VA many of the folks you deal with are civilian, not very good at their job or just don't care. All my TDY travel vouchers were in my records from finance at CCK...This was the best proof of my TDYs. Involve your congressman as well. They hate letters from these folks..

After 42+ years, I finally got my letter from the Gov't confirming my Vietnam service. After exhausting all other avenues, requesting records, APR's, Travel vouchers, etc and getting nothing showing I had Boots on the Ground, I submitted the SF149 request for correction of military records. I provided a detailed letter of my time at Tan Son Nhut along with an historical overview of real world conditions at the time. The only document I had was a copy of my Small Arms Receipt that was given to me when I in-processed at TSN. The process took a while (about a year) but the request had been reviewed by 3 boards of evaluators. The first board denied my claim because of a lack of records proving my case. However, the two review boards following the original upheld my claim based on additional evidence they found (although circumstantial) and the strength of the detailed letter. As a result I received an official letter stating I had Boots on the Ground and awarded a VSM with Bronze Service Star. Additionally, they sent me a full size VSM w BSS and importantly, a DD215 (amendment to my DD214) awarding me the VSM w BSS. With the Golden Ticket, I went to my local Disabled American Vet service officer and worked up a claim for Diabetes associated with Agent Orange. That claim has been submitted on 3/3/15 and I hope to have it settled within a year. Bottom Line - Be persistent and Don't get Discouraged. There are several of us on her who have fought the good fight and giving each other encouragement along the way. Jerry Mitchell, Chris Schutz and Paul Parrish to name a few. GOOD LUCK!!

God news, Sparks...I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the process and just reading my APRs and looking at all the travel vouchers brought back memories that had been lost since I saw the main gate at LRAFB in the rear view mirror of my 1970VW van in December of 72...The travel vouchers was a great part of being a loadmaster...Per Diem is a great thing...I felt rich....combat pay, flight pay and Per Diem...Life was good....They only sent me the golden letter confirming "boots on the ground". I asked for my air medals and any other awards one would get with 118 combat missions....Nothing came..I guess it is just up to who does your review..Does anybody remember the "signatures" written in the left paratroop windows....I recall a couple..."Stoaned Again" and "Don't walk on the grass, smoke it" were in almost every C-130 in CCK...

I also filed for a few claims...Ringing in the ears and 60% hearing loss....Hope it gets processed in my lifetime...