McChord Air Museum's C-130E's (62-1789) Rollout

sixfixer

Hello -

My name is Ernie White, a member of the McChord Air Museum Foundation. A few weeks ago we rolled out our C-130 (62-1789) c/n [cn]3736[/cn] from the McChord Field Paint Hangar re-dressed as s/n 63-7788 as she looked while assigned to the 36th TAS at McChord in 1978. The new 7788 has been restored inside and out backdating her with a SEA paint scheme.

Please visit our webpage http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org to read the restoration story and pictures.

Thanks !

Hello -

My name is Ernie White, a member of the McChord Air Museum Foundation. A few weeks ago we rolled out our C-130 (62-1789) from the McChord Field Paint Hangar re-dressed as s/n 63-7788 as she looked while assigned to the 36th TAS at McChord in 1978. The new 7788 has been restored inside and out backdating her with a SEA paint scheme.

Please visit our webpage http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org to read the restoration story and pictures.

Thanks !

I was at McChord this past September ---wished I had known about this then. I would have tried to go see it. I was a Maint Officer in the 36 TAS at Langley in 1970-71. I think overall, it was the most fulfilling duty I had while on active duty and the AF Reserve. I will have to have a talk with my son why he didn't tell me about this!!

Bob Darden

789 was my bird at Peterson AFB (AFRES) (302 AW) from 1991 till 1995 sent her to Little Rock to the training squadron. What a great flying airplane. From the time I had her she spent lots of time in the "sandbox". I picked her up from the Reserve Unit at Selfridge, Michigan.

Glad to see that she is still around to provide history and able for some of us to still "kick the tires".

Great pictures of the new paint job.

Thanks for sharing!

73, Rex