Site Software Upgrade Info

casey

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned awhile back, I have not been very active lately (a ton of reasons why), so the new site came as a surprise. As with the rest of us "old guys" I was a bit intimidated, however, I believe I'll get used to it, especially as I use it more. Knowing the problems I have contending with all this "tech" stuff I can't imagine the amount of work that you (Casey) have put into this site! Thanks, hardly seems sufficient, but: Thanks!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

P.S.  What is the significance of the little green number under the picture?

As I mentioned awhile back, I have not been very active lately (a ton of reasons why), so the new site came as a surprise. As with the rest of us "old guys" I was a bit intimidated, however, I believe I'll get used to it, especially as I use it more. Knowing the problems I have contending with all this "tech" stuff I can't imagine the amount of work that you (Casey) have put into this site! Thanks, hardly seems sufficient, but: Thanks!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

P.S.  What is the significance of the little green number under the picture?

​Chris,

Glad to see that you are doing better.  I have missed your presence on the site.

I appreciate the kind words and you are very welcome.  Maintaining the site is not without its frustrations but the "good" here makes it worth the effort.

The green numbers are reputation points.  When someone clicks the "like this" icon in one of your posts, you are given a reputation point.  It is kind of silly I guess.  I may disable it later.  What do you think? 

I have restored the Tail Number Converter.  It is located on the main page, left site, below the "Latest Forum Posts."

Just enter the tail number and click "Convert."  It is not all-inclusive but it will convert most tail numbers.

converter.thumb.PNG.cb6b2b3607847ca6baae

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on restoring the Lockheed Service News Archive (Main Menu-->Reference-->Lockheed Service News) . No.1-15 are complete. If you haven't checked them out before, have a look.  They contain a large amount of useful info.

For those that have been missing it, I have added @bobdaley 's Production List to the files section as well. :D (Main Menu-->Reference-->Files).  More files to follow soon.

I have added the following files from @bobdaley to the files section Main (Menu-->Reference-->Files).

Thanks Bob!

--Casey

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...