Don Lehtola

Don Lehtola passed on 1 Sept in Pearl MS.

Don was an IP/FE at Langley when I first met him in 1969. Before that he had been an enlisted mechanic at Otis AFB and a C-130AC at CCK. He left Langley and was the AF Adviser to the MS ANG. He retired at Jackson and went to work for First Miss Corp as their chief pilot. I used to see him in Dallas often.

Great pilot and great friend.

Bob

• 2 months later...

Don was my A/C in Viet nam stationed in CCK and flew out of Na Trang best pilot and officer  I ever flew with I was his flt engineer for almost 13 months. Devastated when I got the news of his passing, I am the last surviving member of that crew kind of a lonely feeling.Ken Gardner.

We were talking about Don yesterday. I flew with him a lot at Langley and we stayed in touch for years. After he retired, he was chief pilot for First Miss Corp in Jackson MS and he used to fly to Dallas a lot and we got together. His daughter sent me an e mail about his passing. I looked for and never found an obit.

He was one of the best pilots I ever flew with and a great friend.

Bob

Was Dick Zimmerman your copilot?

• 8 months later...