Mt.crewchief

Sonny

Hi sonny

I visited with Ken for a short time last week Wednesday evening. Other than looking at both knee replacements he is good. He did mention that like myself, he seems to have trouble taking the time to get onto the forum.

Seems the older we get the busier we get.......

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

Thanks Sonny and Chris

Some of us guys need to get more regular.  Not with Prunes mind you, but on the forum.

Speaking of knee replacements, when I actually go under the knife/saw, I will have a long story about my trials and tribulations getting them done using the new Veterans Choice program.  

I now have met the surgeon that is going to perform the operations, but have not gotten an appointment for when!! 

Maybe I will have some good news soon.

Thanks Chris and Sonny for your interest in my welfare.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost a week since my left knee was removed and replaced and signed off.

I would like to say that I and my knee are doing fine.  But, I have started physical therapy, and I can see that it will take awhile before I can brag about my super recovery and all. Sonny, it's almost like the therapist is a former 21st TAS chief that lurks on this forum!!

Or possibly the therapist was  the old guy that had to work on a silver bird!!   You know, the guy from Wisconsin.

Anyway, I am doing good and am working hard to get the other knee ready for R&R in a few months.

Thanks guys for your nice comments,

Ken

Hang in there Ken and get well soon...by the way did they NRTS your old knee joint and turn it in to supply for overhaul? I can feel your pain as old Slick Willie Clinton used to say, since I just finished rotator cuff surgery a few months ago and the therapist from hell worked me over ha ha . I would address him as Mr. Meanie...he thought I was kidding. Was glad when it was over. Bill:)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update--I am having my 2nd. knee replaced next week (Dec 17th) . I am hoping it turns out as good as the first one the last of October.  Bill, I think you and I might have the same PT as you. After I get done with my next knee, I will concentrate on getting even with him!  I know where he lives!!!!

If you are reading this Chris, I am keeping the third knee.:lol:

Actually, after a few days, (weeks?) I feel like I could climb up inside a Herk and then to the top to inspect the top of the wings! 

Ken

On 11/5/2015, 8:34:50, Spectre623 said:

Hang in there Ken and get well soon...by the way did they NRTS your old knee joint and turn it in to supply for overhaul? I can feel your pain as old Slick Willie Clinton used to say, since I just finished rotator cuff surgery a few months ago and the therapist from hell worked me over ha ha . I would address him as Mr. Meanie...he thought I was kidding. Was glad when it was over. Bill:)

Bill,  I don't think it was worth saving. They are making new ones out of Titanium now.  Maybe they are sending them to AMARG for Coyote bait.