Every Lockheed aircraft has one

Robert Podboy

Aircraft Data Legend or Technical Data block

Anyone know where aircraft ID, s/n, manufactures information plate was located on the various C-130 models? What was detailed? I searched the WEB and can’t find an example or picture of one.

Eventually in the early 90’s T.O 1-1-4 states that it was a Technical Data Block and could be either on the fuselage side or near the ground-refueling receptacle. Where is / was it on an A thru J?

I agree with hehe; it was on the panel above the FE's head.  I don't know about the newer C-130's, but out brand new L-382G (msn 5225) in Angola also had the same data plate on the left bottom side of the vertical stabilizer.Somewhere on my extremely cluttered hard drive, I have a photo of the data plate.

Although its not labeled, here it is from my old OM 382G..

Don R.

1a1.jpg

Podboy, the Data Legend markings for the AF C-130's is below the pilots side window even with the top of the kick window. It will be painted on or with a decal and include ; USAF, AF serial number, Fuel grade requirements and where the Identiplate (POL Card) is located, which is inside the SPR panel. Ref T.O 1-1-4 page 3-1  para 3-1e. Bill 

6 hours ago, Spectre623 said:

Podboy, the Data Legend markings for the AF C-130's is below the pilots side window even with the top of the kick window. It will be painted on or with a decal and include ; USAF, AF serial number, Fuel grade requirements and where the Identiplate (POL Card) is located, which is inside the SPR panel. Ref T.O 1-1-4 page 3-1  para 3-1e. Bill 

Bill,

So, the Aircraft Data Legend (also called the Technical Data block TDB) is on the outside of the aircraft. 

A Identiplate is a plastic ID / credit card with specific aircraft and billing information for purchasing petroleum, oils, and lubricants (POL). 

Thanks,

Robert

On November 3, 2015 at 6:48:24 PM, hehe said:

Most are/were above the FE seat or on the nav station wall.  Just a data plate with contract number, mds, changes to mds (such as c-130e changing to hc-130p designation).

hehe,

So, there is metal ID tag above the FE seat or on the nav station wall that details build / model change information. I was confused and thought the Technical Data block (TDB) and the metal ID tag were the same thing.

OK so every Lockheed aircraft has one of each… hehe

Thanks,

Robert

The AMARG web site says that as part of Aircraft In-Processing Procedures: When aircraft arrive at the AMARG, the “receiving branch” processes them. Each aircraft brings along its entire history of documentation, including maintenance actions over its years of service. All guns, ejection seat charges, and classified hardware are removed, along with clocks and data plates. So someone at AMARC has lots of clocks and data plates.

The data plates are also called CN (Construction Number) plates.