Left base to final on Dirt Strip

BRlang

Tomorrow is Veterans Day. How bout posting some photos to bring back some fading memories..Here we are on left base for final on a small dirt strip...I flew with some of the best pilots ever and one bad one

img062.jpg

Lam San 719 moving them back to the south...Where was the 15th APS...I don't recall

img033.jpg

Gray wolf, you and I were at CCK the same time frame. I remember your name. You guys lost a plane up at TPE. The loadmaster ran with our group...Nice pictures..Thanks for the addition...This is how the day ended up hauling the Cambodian troops....Front left main blew up and into the plane as were were unloading in Ben Hoa

img010.jpg

On 11/14/2015, 5:22:51, Rayj said:

That prop is on the cuff. 

If you look at any of the blades, it appears to me that any prop blast would try to turn the prop counter-clockwise...which is backwards.  Just saying that's what it appears like to me.  I understand those guys operating the airplane knew what they were doing...sometimes camera angles play with your vision.  Could it be that the film developing reversed, like you're seeing #1 prop, not #4?  Look at the leading edge of the "#3" engine blade in view...it's on the wrong side.

AMPTestFE..I commend your attention to detail. I am positive that slide was at Song Be...I found a box of slides and scanned a bunch into my computer. You take a right off the runway and right onto the ramp. That is #1 and the slide is reversed,,,I will rescan it. The items on the ramp were not as I remembered them...Now they make sense...

No problem. I found about 10 I scanned backwards. These slides were a treasure of memories. I had forgotten about them but found them a couple of years ago. They are in remarkable condition for being almost 50 years old....I will get this one rescanned..Thanks for pointing this out.