Outboard Hard Point and Pylon Limits

Mickey

Hello Everyone,

Different variants of Herks have carried a lot of things on the outboard hard points.  ECM pods, helo A/R Pods, Marine Harvest Hawk, AF Lightning Pods for example.  Does anyone know what the limitations are for the outboard hard points.  I know that Sargent Fletcher makes pylons that are good for 1,300 pounds, but A models could carry 450 gallons out there (@6.5 lbs a gal that is 2,925 lbs plus the weight of the tank).  As a secondary, does anyone know what models have hard points.  I know all MCs, HCs ECs do.  I was told that all Js have em but most B's, E's and H's don't.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mickey 

Railrunner is correct, the fittings have been installed on the rear and front beams since Christ was a corporal, I do believe. They are in the drawing dated 1958. We had electronic pods for the E-model birds we had at Ramstein that went out there.  Don't know any weight limitations. 

I'm going on memory with this, During the late 70's to early 80's Marine F models had their outer wings replaced along with some other work for a service life extension program. The B model wings where replaced with E model wings that also had the points for external tanks along with pods.

In the 00's external tanks got slung on them before they went to the boneyard, They came from the factory with low level control valves wired up limiting the outboard tanks to 7 or 7.5k fuel.