C-130 Crew and Maitenance TDY to Vietnam

BRlang

I arrived Naha on 30 Sept. 1968 and left in June of 1970. I was in Electric Shop 374th FMS with Tsgt Lucero as our shop chief and SSgt. Lawhon the night shift 7 level Supervisor I went TDY to TSN first time but dont have orders I went 2 more times lucky for me I have a set of orders showing I was in country when we moved to CRB from TSN after new Maintenance Bulding was built. Worked mostly Rebel Ramp left in Jun of 70 and back to states in Late July early August. I will try and copy and upload my orders cause there might be some people on them and could help. Fraulein spent many hours over in Eng. Conditioning Paralleling Generaters we probably ran into each other. Like they used to say over the radio on AFRVN "WE WENT TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS TOGETHER"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Jcapsparkchaser said:

Fraulein spent many hours over in Eng. Conditioning Paralleling Generaters we probably ran into each other. Like they used to say over the radio on AFRVN "WE WENT TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS TOGETHER"

My dad was with 374FMS. He went from Clark to CCK then back to Clark. 

• 2 years later...

I was at CCK in 1967-68 in 314 FMS. As I understand we had 120 C 130’s and    
they rotate in and out of  Vietnam , and Thailand. We had 30 in Tuy Hoa when I went TDY in March 1968.

My service in Vietnam was not on my DD214,  I ordered my records and it listed my service in Vietnam and the work I did there.

I was recently informed by the county Veteran Service Officer of the county where I now live that the rules have been changed and a lot of new areas have been added to those where Agent Orange was presumed to have been used. There is also a list of the new areas added to the list of presumed Agent Orange exposure in a recent Agent Orange Newsletter from the VA. 

If you were rejected from Agent Orange presumed exposure in the past, you should get a copy of the new rules and try again. Many other bases have been added and if you could not prove you were exposed before, you might have been stationed at one of the new locations where they now admit Agent Orange was used. 

I got my own DD-214 modified with a DD-215 to include all the things they left off of my original 214. Had get the help of my representative in congress to do it, but it is changed now. The person blocking the applications for disability rating for Agent Orange exposure is no longer working at the local VA hospital. 

Things change and if your paperwork was rejected several years ago, it might go through now. Some things have been declassified, some new areas where Agent Orange was used have been identified, and you may be able to get your paperwork through now. Don't give up, try it again. 

List of Agent Orange Exposure areas now include Royal Thai Air Bases, Guam, American Samoa, Cambodia, Laos, an others. This information is from "Agent Orange Newsletter" 2024, which I recently recieved in the mail. It is printed and distributed by www.publichealth.va.gov

JRH