Little Rock Squadrons

bobdaley

I read that 48 AS LRF is closing and its aircraft are going to the 62AS in AETC

I see that 41AS and 61AS are the AMC squadrons. Is there another AETC Squadron. The 50th Maybe?

I saw also that the AFRC 337AS is now an associate squadron and owns no aircraft and the ANG 154TRS is doing H model training.

Thanks

Bob 

Bob, the 48th deactivated on 1 October and the 62d is now the sole C-130J FTU at LR. There are no other AETC flying units on the J side and as you mentioned, the 154 TRS (ANG) still has the H model FTU mission. I believe it's the 327 AS (913 AG) that is the AFRC C-130J unit there. 

Thanks for the help.

That is right the 327AS.

Three quick questions, when did 50AS close? I had heard they were an Associate Squadron?

What is the 714TS and do they own their aircraft? I heard it was not a flying Squadron?

Does AETC do what we used to call Phase one and Phase two training in the 62?

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob, I think the 50th closed down last year.  The 714th TRS is an administrative only squadron, there to deal with the AETC students.  The old phase 1 & 2 training is still around, it's just not as prevalent as it used to be. 

As far as H training...There are so few phase 1 only students now, so the norm is the full training.  The pilots actually get their phase 1 checkride in the sim, without ever flying the airplane.  Since I left the Rock in 2014, the H academics have changed dramatically as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...