elevator torque tube

eliasafr

You have to refer to the 1C-130A-3 for guidance. If you find nothing there, you must request technical assistance from Lockheed. It is known that those screws strip out and the elevator torque tube collar bolt holes get elongated. The only repair for the torque tube collar issue is replacement. I do not think using oversized bolts were authorized, but I am not 100% sure on this.

9 hours ago, Ramrod said:

You have to refer to the 1C-130A-3 for guidance. If you find nothing there, you must request technical assistance from Lockheed. It is known that those screws strip out and the elevator torque tube collar bolt holes get elongated. The only repair for the torque tube collar issue is replacement. I do not think using oversized bolts were authorized, but I am not 100% sure on this.

thanks a lot. yes just the same happened...I will be very pleased to get further information about this.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

YOU MUST CHECK COLLAR BOLTS HOLES FOR ELONGATION BY REMOVING THE ELEVATOR AND NUTS OF BOLTS INSIDE THE TUBE IF HOLES ARE NOT ELONGATED REPLACE NUTS AND ITS A GOOD TO GO OTHERWISE USE HIGHER SIZE HIGH LOCKS INSTEAD OF SCREWS 5/16 INCH I THINK  THIS CHECK IS ALSO PART OF MINOR ISOCHRONIC INSPECTIONS

• 10 months later...