Need some USMC help!

bobdaley

Bob, looks like it's a Field Operations Trainer (FOT), produced by a company named Nebula Group, USA. They have a Facebook page with photos and stories of the many locations of their FOTs, I couldn't see a tail number though of the this particular plane before modification. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on the aircraft configuration, etc., and some other photos of both the likely "donor ship" and the Ground Trainer before and after the make-over by Nebula, I'm thinking this is 72-1298, LAC 4521.  The 1st photo below was taken while it was at Sheppard AFB, and the next one is the ship at Camp Pendleton before Nebula reworked the trainer.   Nebula has several other, later photos of several sister trainers at Sheppard having their wings clipped: photo #3.   There are also some less flattering photos of 1298 at Camp Pendleton sporting "US NAVY" painted over the original U.S. AIR FORCE marking on the forward fuse and with an anchor where the star once was on the aft fuse US Roundel; weird.

Anyway, as I said, the dots seem to connect at 72-1298.

1298.jpg

1298-2.jpg

c-130s.jpg