ACN

sharif101

• 3 months later...

I asked the same question 1999 when it was put into a customersFlight Manuals and this is what I got back:

"An analysis was conducted to verify the rigid and flexible pavement ACN charts and to review the assumptions used in chart development.

The runway strength requirement ACN charts published in the C-130J Flight Manuals are being recommended for inclusion in all flight manuals.  These charts are constructed in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) recommendations, and are based upon a constant tire pressure which corresponds to 32% tire deflection at maximum, normal operating weight.  This data is applicable to both standard and stretched models of the C-130 and should result in successful operations on runways having PCN values equal to or greater than the ACN values contained in the flight manual charts.

Any deviations from tire operating pressures corresponding to the 32% tire deflection criteria, or flotation capability evaluations by alternate methods (i.e. LCN, LCN/LCG, or CBR), must be considered on a case by case basis."

Vic