The Passing Of A Very Good Man And Friend

ptssmith

I am very sad to have to post the passing of my hard crew loadmaster from my years in the 345th TAS (1974 - 1976). Wally Waller, MSgt, USAF, Ret passed away on March 3rd. Here is his obit;

WALLER, Orman Eugene M/Sgt. (Retired) Age 63 of Hendersonville. March 3, 2009. Survived by his wife, Elaine Hammond; children, Toby K. Waller and Denise Perez (Justo); grandchildren, Marissa and Justin Perez, Hannah and Allie Collins; mother, Mary Evelyn Christiansen; aunts, Louise Waller, Emma Jean Cunningham and Margaret Schrom.

Memorial Services will be held at Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Hendersonville on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 3 p.m. Visitation with the family will begin at 1 p.m. until time of service. COLE & GARRETT, Hendersonville, TN (615) 824-8605.

I could tell many a tale about Wally and his / our crew's exploits but this is not the appropriate time or place. Wally was a true professional NCO and loadmaster. I shall miss him very much.

-P.T. Smith