Safair

bobdaley

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that SAFAIR is going out of the Herk business? They have been flying Herks since at least 1970. Over time they flew at least 24 different herks and still had 9 at last count. The rumor I heard was they were all parked for sale except the ones they had on oil spill contracts?

Thanks

Bob

According to the SAFAIR management they on a Five year plan to get rid of all our Herc's. They in negotiations to sell four of them to two different companies in the UAE, two each. There is one left at each of the two oil spill contracts and the other three that's left are the old ones with two A/C that's got more than 70000 a/f Hours and one thats got more 80000 a/f hours. Once Lockheed AD the wingbox life limit for the Herc's those three are definitely going to be scrapped. Our poor Flight Engineers are going to have to dust those A+P licences and start looking for jobs.

Thats the last I heard, if I hear anything else I'll let you know.