Combat Rescue in Afghanistan

Dan Wilson

This was posted on one of the gun boards I lurk on, only problem with the video is its too damn short:rolleyes:

This is an edited portion of the email the members son sent him.

I am pretty sure you guys will like it!!

I thought that I would let this message age a bit (from Sept 15) before I shared it with everyone. Notice that the first video is far different from the usual AF "Aim High" crap. Relax and inhale the testosterone!!

......First up, a video put together by a gunner from the CA Guard, his civi job is putting together promotional videos for the DoD, makes for really good production value. Should be ok to show mom all this, nothing too jarring I guess, but my barometer is a bit off these days, the "puff and flash" during the gun pass is an RPG shot at the filming aircraft.

Next is a lead in to a reporter/photographer/blogger who is also an ex Green Beret, reporting on Pararescue ops in theater. Great pix.

Next is the independent reporter Michael Yon, he's a prior Green Beret and spent about a week embedded with us out at Bastion. I mentioned an "interesting day" in a previous email, well that was the day that my flight lead got shot down, Yon mentions it briefly. In short, they got shot up, and I landed to get them. I didn't want to put it over the interweb, but I guess the jig is up so whatever, his pictures are awesome as is the norm with him. The crews he flew with were on the opposite shift as me, but the ops tempo was about the same either way, and pretty representative as to how I spent my last month over there. Unlike other reporters I've been forced to interact with over there, he was pretty genuinely a good guy with no axe to grind, and it's worth looking at his coverage.
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/pedros.htm Edited by Dan Wilson
Kant spel good enouf

• 3 months later...