Dyess Questions????

Hello 130 guys,

let me first start out by saying i envy every 130 CC out there. i am a crew chief myself on the dreaded C-5 and after 6 years of dedication i want out, not out of maint but i want to work on my dream jet and thats why i came here. my wife and i are looking at dyess right now and my only big question i have is deployments and i kinda need to know how often we are looking at. i am not asking for the next cycle dates or anything that would compromise opsec i just want to know something as simple as 6 on 6 off, 4 on 4 off, or the new 6 on 1.5 years off. i hope someone on here can help me out.

have a great day

• 3 weeks later...

4 on 4 off. The house there is divided: old H/E model bucket of bolts and then there are the new J-model machines. The new J's deployment schedule is undisclosed. However, the legacy aircraft still turn it at 4 on 4 off. Most likely if you are a balls to the wall mechanic with no personal issues, you will never see your homelife anymore at Dyess.

• 3 weeks later...

4 on 4 off. The house there is divided: old H/E model bucket of bolts and then there are the new J-model machines. The new J's deployment schedule is undisclosed. However, the legacy aircraft still turn it at 4 on 4 off. Most likely if you are a balls to the wall mechanic with no personal issues, you will never see your homelife anymore at Dyess.

Yep, Slickshoes said it all....

The Flying crew chief spot is the gem. You are gone alot but you do some really cool stuff. The desert is...the desert.

Kel