One Liners Two

snowyday

I reckon the hardest thing to learn how to play is second fiddle.

Maybe the worst is yet to come—but maybe you won’t be here when it happens.

A feller ought to live so that the preacher that has to preach his funeral won’t be embarrassed.

No matter how little a feller knows about religion, he figures he knows enough to argue about it.

There’s a mighty fine line between keeping your chin up and sticking your neck out.

An era of prosperity is mighty fine, but it sure costs a lot to live through it.

An old-fashioned girl is one who doesn’t drink them.

Deep reservoirs prove the heights to which water can rise when rivers keep their dammed mouths shut.

Freedom of speech is precious, but lots of times when a feller uses it he gets into trouble.

In the good old days a man down to his last dollar at least had three meals ahead.

Another example of misery loving company is a good-for-nothing man and a poor hound dog.

There never was anything made but what someone else could make it worse and sell it for less.

Folks don’t judge you by what you plan to do tomorrow, but by what you done yesterday.

It isn’t surprising that the bigger mouth a fellow has, the oftener he puts his foot in it.

Free advice is generally worth just about what it costs.

There may be a lot of satisfaction in growing old, but there ain’t much future to it.

Lies don’t live as long as the truth, but their birth rate is a whole lot higher.

Most people don’t understand money because they don’t keep it long enough to get acquainted with it..

About the only time I agree with politicians is when they’re low-rating each other.

A lot of times the feller that cries on your shoulder is trying to soak you.

Little boys would learn to write much sooner if blackboards had the appeal of fresh cement.

It is rare that a feller lives up to the expectations of his neighbors or down to their suspicions.

Violent exercise after 50 is especially harmful, if you do it with a knife and fork.

It don’t do a feller much good to have a lot of guts if everybody hates ‘em.

A hick town these days in one that ain’t got no parking problem.

In spite of everything, most folks seem to have a lot of fun just being folks.

If you’ll leave your worries behind and go fishing, most of ‘em will die a natural death.

A fat woman tells me that just licking a postage stamp makes her gain weight.

If nobody owned cars, but folks that could afford to own ‘em, they’d be plenty parking spaces.

Reno is where couples who said “I do†say adieu.

The vacuum cleaner is a windbag sometimes peddled by one.

My conscience don’t hurt me for lying when somebody asks me something that ain’t none of their business.

Playing a slot machine is usually just a quick way of transferring money from a sucker to a crook.

I ride in airplanes sometimes, but I always sit mighty light.

It’s always sorter funny to me to hear a farmer say he’s opposed to gambling.

I see where a feller climbed a tree to escape a bull and rammed his head into a hornet’s nest, life is like that.

The reason so many rich couples get divorces is because they don’t have no mortgages to tie them together.

Next to a pair of healthy and lively kittens, a fat and jolly woman gits the most fun out of life.

I know an old feller that’s a failure as a one-hoss farmer that knows exactly how to run the government.

There’s a whole lot more freedom of speech than anybody but the foolhardy will dare use.

I ain’t never been able to figger out why the less a woman wears, the more it costs.

Speed regulation is the wise little dog running just fast enough to allow the pursued cat to reach a tree.

Sometimes I wonder if the good don’t die young because they’re given time off for good behavior.

When age comes on, men get sadder and wiser, but women get sadder and wider.

There’s a lot of folks living in the same house that don’t live in the same world.

To be insulted by an enemy, don’t worry me near as much as to be slighted by a friend.

Eating three light meals during the Day, and then eating like a hoss at bedtime won’t make nobody thin.

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t too much of a gentleman to shake a tough, sassy kid till his teeth rattled.

Nearly everybody I talk with could straighten out the world in a week or so if they were placed in charge of it.