Greybull WY and Coolidge AZ

bobdaley

I saw 2 pics on airliners.net that raised a few questions.

Does anyone live near Greybull WY?

I looked at Google Earth but the image is from 2011. It showed 6 Herks still at Greybull. 5A's and a B.

I had A's 3115 56-0507 N132HP, 3143 56-0535 N133FF, 3166 57-0459 N135HP, 3218 57-0511 N134HP, 3220 57-0513 N8230H, and B 58-0740 still there. I have not had any confirmation on them for years. The A's used to belong to H&P but were sold.

I don't know who bought the B, I flew it in the Guard, but after it was wrecked in Hurricane Andrew at Homestead, someone bought it and flatbedded it to Greybull. They were all canceled off the FAA Register.

Can anyone update us on their status?

The other picture of 3142 56-0534 N131HP, Looking really sad at Coolidge, made me wonder, did IAR ever get 3227 57-0520 N138FF back in the air? I heard they were trying. Also has anyone seen any pics of IAR's aircraft in their new paint scheme?

I have only 1 N121TG 56-0511.

Thanks

Bob

Bob:

I was down in Greybull a couple months ago checking out a couple of the Hercs. 57-0511 is still there. It was apparently flown directly from PDM to Davis-Monthan. H&P got it from D-M but never installed a retardant tank in it but used it as a pilot pro trainer, then parked it. The cargo compartment is pristine, even after sitting all these years. Looks as if it just rolled off the line at Marietta.

Don't remember the tail number of the one I was checking into (57-0511 was parked next to it). N119TG (ex 57-0520, Tanker 88) is painted in the traditional IAR colors with a little different sweep to the blue cheat line where it ends at the cockpit. Also it has no contrasting wingtip & vertical stabilizer flashes. Looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3775[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture of IAR's N121TG (ex 56-0511) in its present paint scheme. It's now based in Singapore on oil spill dispersal duty. This is the only aircraft with that paint scheme.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3774[/ATTACH]

Edited by jflimbach
Spelling