Thesis subject for Belgian Intern @ BAF 15th Wing Air Tpt, Maintenance Gp

vicbelien

Hi all,

I'm currently in my last year at university. In order to graduate as an aeronautical engineer I'm supposed to write a thesis and do an internship. I'm an intern at the Belgian Air Force, 15th Wing Air Tpt at Brussels. In the Maintenance Group i'm an assistant in the department occupied with the inspection of the C-130H.

Does anyone have a good subject for my thesis?

Non destructive testing (NDT) of the structure isn't performed at the base itself, so that's not an option.

Bird strikes could be, but that's not that common.

FOD-damage was another option. But then again, I'm mainly interested in the repair techniques while on a foreign mission and I'm not able to travel with these guys due to the insurrance as a student.

All help is welcome.

Vic Beliën

Focus on something that might save the Belgian Air Force money if you want max support from the people who can help you with data. How about, survey maintainers about what the most difficult/time consuming tasks are in their Job Guides. And then, take their inputs on how they can improve the processes (better written T.O. manuals, better support equipment, design changes, etc).

Another idea: Survey maintainers on what is their least favorite piece of support equipment (based on complexity, effectiveness, reliability, etc.) Take their inputs on how to improve it and analyze for feasibility. The secondary upside to this approach, if you do a good enough job, you can use your thesis as part of your job application package to get hired by industry...Good Luck.