63-7836

bobdaley

I got some pictures of 63-7836 when it was at AMARC before it went to the shredder. It seems that it was set up at one time with on board cameras. It was not a Jackpot, MEAFSA, or Berlin for lunch bunch Herk.

It seems to have had a normal trash haul career, so the camera set up seems odd. Anyone have any ideas? I\'ll try to attach the pictures.

Bob

7836 was deilivered in 64 and was in Navy MATS until 67. It went to Pope in 67 and Little Rock in 75 and AMARC in 94. [img size=800]http://herkybirds.com/images/fbfiles/images/3906_a.jpg

I can agree for sure that one of them was an 18 series, but just looking at the pictures of the access ports, it looks very similar to the lunch bunch configuration.

I thought so, those 3 were at rhein main when I was there in the early 80\'s But I never got on them. I was on 64-0523 talon1 Jim Fee was a CC on one of them. that name ring a bell? He went to Hurlburt after Germany.

I do agree looks like camera mounts. surely the lunch bunch wasnt the only ones out there taking pictures.

Jim Fee retired and went to work for Boeing in Fort Walton Beach. I haven\'t seen him in a few months, but I think he is still at it.

I think there must have been other airplanes modified for a similar capability as those three lunch bunch airplanes. They probably copied at least part of the installation for the surveillance systems....

Aircraft 64-0523 you say.....I remember that airplane from a while back. [img size=789]http://herkybirds.com/images/fbfiles/images/new523.jpg

Well John, It certainly didnt look like that when I had my paws on it! It was a gorgeous shade of black and green, just like the pic on your profile. We had 0523, 0561 0566 and triple nickle. Its a shame what they look like now I tell ya!

The other John