Sonar image of 4593 hosted for Tints97

Dan Wilson

• 1 year later...

Hi to all. I am Jade C. Lobrigas son of one of the crews of the ill-fated c-130 4593. just would like to ask if there is any possiblities of resurfacing the aircraft. Hoping for your immediate reply. Thanks

Jade

I would really be astonished if anyone in the government would even consider trying to resurface this aircraft, if its someone worthless like a Kennedy they will spend millions to recover aircraft and crew:mad: go figure!

I am sorry for your loss in this crash but unless someone in power wants to push this it will most likely be considered a marine grave site.

You may be able to push on your congressman or senator to see what you can get done, buy I wouldn't bet on any help - sorry.

Dan

We asked the Commanding general of the PAF and he said that the budget is ready and they are going to resurface it soon. but that was almost a year ago. I would just like to ask the possible angles of the mysterious crash

the aircraft departed from davao around 2050h and by 2055h they lost contact. the day after that, they found the debris at the sea. As for now there is only one functional C-130 in the philippine airforce.

We asked the Commanding general of the PAF and he said that the budget is ready and they are going to resurface it soon. but that was almost a year ago. I would just like to ask the possible angles of the mysterious crash

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

I was thinking US not Philippine.

Hope they do resurface it.

Dan

sir what could've caused the crash? no distress calls were made and the crew was the best in force.

It could almost be an unlimited amount of non-crew related possibility's.

Prop going into reverse inflight/wing failure/catastrophic engine failure just to name a couple, plus there could have been weather considerations if there was weather in the area.

If they really do raise the lady and her crew you would have a pretty good chance of finding out the most likely cause then.

We asked the Commanding general of the PAF and he said that the budget is ready and they are going to resurface it soon. but that was almost a year ago.

Just a thought on the delay raising her; It's a good chance they are waiting for some other country.

I don't think the PI would have the specialized types of ship that would be required for this kind of work.

There's only a few country's that have the capability to do this kind of work. Russia or the US would have them and its probably a good bet they are waiting for whoever they asked assistance from, I would bet the US Navy.

Dan

Edited by Dan Wilson

Bob,

When we delivered 4726, it was to bring the total to 3. 4593 came to the facility and CANNED and engine and prop for the aircraft broke in Davao. After dropping the APU and engine, it departed and crashed, leaving 2 operational after we delivered. Last I heard the other was going to be grounded due to PDM overfly hours.

A WWII bummer crashed in Lake Greenwood S.C. right before the end of the war.

A Navy Reserve Dive Team spent 2 weeks a year for 2 years getting it ready to bring up. It was one of the 2 engine planes.

I think it was in 84 when they brought it up and sent it somewhere to be restored.

I havn't heard much about it in the last 20 years.

The day they brought it up I was there watching with my then 4 Y/O daughter.

Found a memorial to the crew of 4593 online.

th_C-1304593II.jpg

Also I think I understand the some of the reason to attempt a recovery (aside from the recovery of crew remains), from everything I could find they still are not sure if it was terrorism (aka manpad) or if it was equipment failure, but by all accounts (questionable that eyewitnesses are) there was visible fire on the aircraft prior to impact with the water.

Dan

sir is it possible to resurface the C-130 4593? if there is, please tell me so. thanks.. Can I ask for help to push the Department of national defense to resurface it.