Fabulous Four Engine Fighters

CCFH

ARC (Aircraft Research Center, a modeler's site ) discussion forum has some pictures of AC-130Hs. You might find some of 575 and 574. You could also search AC-130E/H on that forum. A number of threads had interesting information and pictures.

This is a thread for C-130 pictures.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=135422&st=260&start=260

Best wishes,

Grant

Guest cobra935o

The pic I posted was from the very first gunship deployment over to Brindisi, in June of 1993. You may have missed out on the good per diem, but you also missed out on a lot of crap as well, namely the tents. They werent bad, it was the shower and shitter tents that sucked. They stunk, and didnt drain all too well!

Nathan

Guest cobra935o

I am pretty sure I remember both of those incidents as well as some fights on the beach, lawnmowers in the dorms, suprise coin checks in the showers when we were living in the gym, etc. etc. Who was your supervisor?

Nathan

Guest cobra935o

Maxey, man, I was I over there with him plenty of times, as well as other trips. I think he was on 68, 69, or 71 at that time though, cant remember for sure.

Nathan

Guest cobra935o

Maxey has to be retired by now dont he? Are any of the others still in anymore? I havent heard Keeblers names in a long time or Tony Skumanic either. I know a lot of the guys that were around there when I was there have either been long gone or have retired, like Benson, Bobo, Davis, etc. etc. I went down to the U model side in 1995 as well, and especially after we switched buildings back to woody hideout we didnt keep in touch with a lot of the H guys anymore, just too dang busy!

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for older or more recent pictures of my old acft. AC-130H 69-6575 and 6574. If anyone happens to have some floating around that would be very helpful. Actually any and all AC-130H pictures would be awesome as well. Thanks.

CCFH

@ CCFH

Here's a link to a [dutch] story and pictures on AC-130 models.

http://www.c130-hercules.fr.nf/ac-130a_spectre.html

Greetz, JP.

Edited by JPVD
bad link

I sure do miss Brindisi. That place was awesome! Of course I got there in 96 so i missed out on the good per diem. Thank you all for the posts.

I found another one, the 509 in Nam. (Vietnam was called "Indochina" in Europe, when the french were there). As to Brindisi, it a "stop" for the Belgian C-130's. In 96 you sure must have seen some of them, in a grey colour scheme and black nose. Anyhow here's the link to the gunschip:

http://www.spectre-association.org/images/acphotos/BillGlenn/122.jpg

Greetz from JP

Guest cobra935o

I found another one, the 509 in Nam. (Vietnam was called "Indochina" in Europe, when the french were there). As to Brindisi, it a "stop" for the Belgian C-130's. In 96 you sure must have seen some of them, in a grey colour scheme and black nose. Anyhow here's the link to the gunschip:

http://www.spectre-association.org/images/acphotos/BillGlenn/122.jpg

Greetz from JP

509 was an A model, well before our times on H models. Brindisi is a stop for a lot of 130s, as it used to be a European Depot facility for 130's, not sure if they are doing that anymore there or not (I think Mildenhall, and some of the other US 130 bases in Europe used to do their depots there), and I believe all of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Burma, were probably refered to as "Indochina" for the area as a whole.