C-130H Sub Models

Trooper63

Hi all, I'm new here, and found the site after a lengthy search. Looks like a great site, and am already finding it hard to leave the computer.

Can anyone pont me to a place where I may be able to find the differences between the sub models in the C-130H.

EG. I know that the RAAF use the C-130H-3 and found some technical specs on it, but the USCG use the C-130H-7. I'm only guessing but it would appear to me that the number is a modification designator within the H model.

Thanks,

Sean

Bob Daley has a great listing of all the Hercs made, look in the header for C-130 Production List and click on it.

That will open a XL file.

Then you can take the serial and go to Joe Baughers website and cross it with his serial number/BUNO list and find the Lockheed numbers.

Lars Olausson has a great book, http://www.spectrumwd.com/c130/book/lars.htm, don't know hoe current it is.

None of them are going to give you any actual details about the differences between the models though.

Enjoy.

Edited by LC130LOAD1

There are lots of H designators but quickly

H early H models; H2, H2.5, H3 primarily have to do with the cockpit night vision capabilities. H-7 was assigned to USCG H's that kept the old -7 engines off the B models instead of new -15's. There are no more -7's as the USCG replaced all the -7 engines with -15's and they are now all H's.

Bob