Calling Dave Davenport

gmat

Dave,

If you visit here, would you mind if I revise your IPMS article on correcting the Airfix kit? What started out as simply scanning the article to share with like minded people, has turned into retyping the text portion to make it easier to scan and read. Now I've made the font larger and now think that with the wonders of Pages, can put the illustrations next to your explanations for easier understanding. I'm in the process of updating it now, but if you want, I can try to email the updated version to you for your inspection. Or, I can post it here and you can inspect it at your leisure. I know that the old Airfix C-130K has been irrevocably altered into the AC-130H, but some people still have or find the old Airfix kit. Your legacy lives on.

Best wishes,

Grant

Edited by gmat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cobra935o

Dave used to do those drawings for the AFSOC saftey mag, I was wondering why there hadnt been any new ones for some years now. I will never forget opening one issue up and see my acft in there with my name in the crew chiefs block over there crew door, how much cooler can it get then that. Dave was nice enough to send me some lithos of the drawing as well. Thanks Dave!

Nathan