RTO Landing Simulation

c130enthusiast

I'm working on simulating the landing and refused takeoff of a C-130, particularly I want to know how far the aircraft goes before it stops. I have a program developed by NASA that simulates these things for a general aircraft. To simulate a specific aircraft, the user must gather the aircraft's specifications to be input. Included among these inputs are a bunch of curve files that are tables of values showing how things like the lift and drag vary with speed and altitude.

I was wondering if anyone here would know where I can gather curve files for the lift and drag of the C-130 Aerobrake, Engine, Flaps, Slats, Speedbrake, Spoiler, and Thrust Reversers. As well as curve files for the fuel flow, n1, the thrust, and spool down. I think that is all the curve files I need, I realize that the C-130 doesn't have some of these things, like spoilers. But if this simulation goes well, I would like to extend it to other aircraft. Is there a website or someplace where you can request these as tables of data?

This simulation is actually in preparation for a flight test with the C-130 at Edwards Air Force Flight Test Center. To be extra prepared I would like to find a source of C-130 flight test data - any direction on that would be appreciated.

One last question, what is the best way to calculate the Center of Gravity on the C-130 as a percent of the MAC. Is there an equation to follow?

I know that was a lot of questions, but I've been working on this and thinking about it for quite a while. If you know of other forums or places I should ask my questions I would also appreciate to know that. Thanks in advance for any help with my questions!

c130enthusiast

Contact your flight test team at Edwards Air Force Flight Test Center. They should have all the C-130 flight test data you may need. You should understand some things are not open for discussion. The information is avalible but you need to go through the right channels.