Lockheed plant tours

Plaprad

I know there is (or was 7 years ago) a souvineer shop. I think it's on Walker Street, which is off Rt.280 - S. Cobb Drive. I got that from looking at Google. It's bizarre- people navigate by references to the Big Chicken. It's south of the Big Chicken if I remember correctly.

BTW- Go to the big chicken, take a right and about a mile down on the left is Williamson Brothers BBQ. Great stop.

Georgia Lockheed Employees Recreation Center (GLERC). They had a website several years back but it looks as though it's defunct now. Beside the gift shop there was an events/ticketing office just across the hall as well. Plenty of C-130 hats, mugs, pins, jackets, etc. to be had. If you can hit Lockheed Employee appreciation weekend the entire plant is flung open and there are aircraft displays in the outside areas as well. Wife and I were TDY to the plant several years ago on C-5 business. Just happened to hit one of those events. Really great time.

I'm gonna be in Marietta here in a couple weeks and was wondering how you go about getting a tour of the Lockheed plant? I thought of just showing up at the door, but assumed they may not find it very funny.

As others have said the gift shop is there on Walker Street.

http://www.lockheedmartingiftshop.com/]Lockheed Martin Gift Shop

As far as tours, I asked about this and was told by my supervisor, basically if you are not a family member of an employee or on a Lockheed official dog n pony show, there are no public tours. Sorry.