Any Work out there?

Jacobest

Hello all

I have recently been retrenched by my company ( our planes are grounded)

I have 5000 hours total time and 2000 hours on the L382/C-130

If anyone is looking for crews or of someone can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated.

What position are you looking for? Check out my avatar -- they're always hiring, if you want to fly some really clapped out Hercs. Your grounded Hercs were probably in better shape than these.

What was the company that grounded their Hercs and why?

Don R.

L-3 Communications is recruiting current or former C-130 Instructor Pilots (IP) to become certified Instructor Pilots on the C-27J Spartan at our Warner Robins, GA training location. The IP is a subject matter expert who is also trained in the methodology of instruction and courseware development. Responsibilities will include:

Evaluating, diagnosing, and critiquing student performance; identifying learning difficulties; recognizing objectives not accomplished; and prescribing and conducting remedial instruction. The instructor shall also be proficient and capable of developing courseware and resolving lesson/courseware problems and deficiencies.

The IP will be required to conduct platform and in-flight instruction on all aircraft systems.

The C-27J instructor certification and training program will include instructor continuation training and evaluation program to ensure instructors possess and maintain training expertise.

Basic Qualifications:

Bachelors Degree or equivalent education and experience

The C-27J IP must have been qualified in USAF cargo transport aircraft (i.e., C-130, C-17 and C-5 and C-27A aircraft, C-130 preferable and C-130J experience a definite plus, within the last three years.

The candidate must have documented tactical mission and airdrop experience (i.e., ERO, Combat Offload, CDS, personnel and night vision goggle).

C-27J Instructor Pilot must have a valid FAA Airline Transport pilot (ATP) license and therefore must have the capability of successfully passing an FAA Class II flight physical and FAA physiological chamber training.

Fixed Wing Multi-engine qualified within the last two (2) years

2000 hours total flying time with a minimum of 1000 hours in fixed wing aircraft

500 hours as a PIC in multi-engine fixed wing aircraft

500 hours as a qualified Instructor Pilot

Must possess or be eligible to obtain a DOD secret security clearance.

http://www.migente.com/jobs/job/view.html?job_id=10192491

Well, this won't help you, but if there are any C-130 LM in the LA area looking for occasional work..........A friend of mine runs TBM Corp. in Visalia, CA. They operate a couple of C-130A's and need a LM every now and then.

Their next flight is scheduled for 5 March. C-130 airdrop experience is a must.

Contact Fritz Wester at TBM, 602-524-6279

• 2 weeks later...