Anybody Remember Gloria??--CCK

Mt.crewchief

No, not a girls name at the Dozen!!

While I was at CCK (69-70), there was a dog that hung out by my barracks! (#336). She was a black and white dog not too big with kind of long hair!! Anyway, she got pregnant and had a fairly large litter of puppies! The story goes that she made a trip to CRB once and got knocked up there!! I never saw any dogs there, but who knows?? After the puppies were getting close to being weaned, they started disappearing one or two at a time until they were almost all gone!! Nobody could figure out what was happening with the pups but I think we all had our suspicions! Well, one day as I was returning from downtown, I was let off at the bus stop by the barracks where the Chinese help waited for their bus and I saw "Shit" one of our house boys standing there with a long GI coat on!! Next thing I saw was a puppy wiggling around and stuck it's head out of the coat!!! My suspicions were confirmed!! Do you suppose Shit had it for dinner or sold it to the Mongolian Barbecue?

My good friend Steve Mudge doesn't remember Gloria, but I was wondering if any of you guys do!!

Sorry about the long post, but my memory comes and goes!!!!!

Ken

Edited by Mt.crewchief
fixing screw-ups