CFB Trenton/8 Wing Open House 4-5 June 2011

The 2011 Open House will take place, rain or shine, on June 4 and 5, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The free event, dubbed "Your Wing, Your Neighbours", will include multiple static displays of 8 Wing/CFB Trenton’s diverse fleet of aircraft and multiple ground displays by the numerous non-flying units on base.

No air show this year, but static aircraft from all seven 8 Wing squadrons will be on display and guided tours of the aircraft will be offered to the public.

For more information visit: http://www.cfbtrenton.com/openhouse

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I will be attending ceremonies in Normandy. However, there are nine J-model Herks with 436 Sqn, as well as a bunch of E and H-model Herks. All of the E-models are being retired, so this might be your last chance to see them operationally. There are also a bunch of retired E-models that I would love updates on for my Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53476734@N08/galleries/72157625165302599/

Shit!!!!!!!.......I won't be able to be there!!!. My shedulle tells me I'm workin' at Premier Aviation Overhaul Center.!!! The last herc I saw from the CAF in YRQ is 328!!!. I was admiring the machine through the hangar door window!!.........just like a kid that is amazed!!! 328was taxin'!!!!!!.......... The beast!!!!!!!!!!!!.................................John Boy(that's the name I was given at the engine bay in Trenton)