62-1799 and 1859

bobdaley

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Randy1859 said:

Wow. New to site. I'm Randy Odette and 62-1859 (218 Air America tail number) was my baby. Joined E Flight Naha Okinawa 1969 acft 56-0523 Mike Dintelman my crew chief. Met Tom Waryha at Naha we moved to CCK then to Clark AB. Darts, booze, chicks, and E flight was our life for about 11 to 12 years. Many many stories about life in E flight and fellow members and 1859. Thanks for the previous posts.

Hello Randy, this is Bill Shelton I was on 1859 with you from 9/72 - 11/73 as your Asst. , Tom was my assigned trainer when I was first assigned to E Flt.  Are you back in Kansas?  We did have a lot of good times!!  I remember my first trip in and being tossed in the POOL!!  Hope you are doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

I served in E Flight  with Randy Odette on 1859 from Sept 72 through Nov 73.  All the guys were exceptional and great to be around, the initiation into E Flight on your first TDY was to be tossed into the swimming pool, as you were!!!

Bill Shelton