Langley AFB C-130 Reunion

bobdaley

This will be the 4th reunion we had and the first three were great. Hope everyone can make it.

Bob

GREETINGS TRASH HAULERS!!!

Our reunion this year will be October 1-5, 2014 (that's Wed-Sun) in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It will be a joint reunion with the 463 TCW(CCK). Pigeon Forge is a major tourist destination with much to see, do and eat. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is next door (over 10 million visitors per year, the most of any National Park).The fall colors should be beginning to show for us. Plan to take the hotel up on their generous offer of extending our rates for up to a week on either side of the reunion dates (subject to availability) if you can.

Our reunion hotel is the Mainstay Inn and Suites (part of the Choice Hotels brand) in Pigeon Forge, near all the action but secluded enough on 25 private acres to be pleasant. Check out their web site at www.mainstaypigeonforge.com for details, but you must book by phone (888-428-8350) to receive our promotional rate of about $120 for Friday and Saturday nites and $80 for the rest of the week (plus 12-14% in taxes), and be sure to mention "316 TAW Reunion." A nice complimentary breakfast is included. For those of you that like to bring your own house, there is an RV park right across the street (contact me directly for details).

The nearest commercial airport is Knoxville's McGee-Tyson (TYS) about an hour's drive away, but Atlanta's (ATL) is only about a three hour drive. A car would be very helpful, but our hotel is on the free trolley line that serves most attractions in Pigeon Forge. If you're flying yourself in, there are some closer GA airports (contact me directly for details).

Expect more informational emails, but check out www.mypigeonforge.com also. I'll mail out registration forms in mid-July, but until then help me out by sending me contact information on our MIA folks who might like to attend. Send me anything you've got. and I'll try to track them down and drag them to the mountains of East Tennessee! Only four short months until this event!!! Looking forward to seeing you here.

DAVID M. BLAIR

3568 NAVIGATOR POINTE

KNOXVILLE, TN 37922-6563

865-539-1224