C-130 News: Delaware Air National Guard members return home from overseas deployment

casey

56df6cd23631e_2016-03-08Deleware.jpg.e5f

There were many happy reunions on Monday at the Delaware Air National Guard Base when about 60 airmen returned home from their recent deployments serving overseas.

Families and friends dotted the tarmac to greet the members of the 166th Airlift Wing as they returned home from taking part in Operation Freedom Sentinel. The group was comprised of pilots, crew, and maintenance teams operating the C-130s that transport personnel and cargo.

Staff Sgt. Matthew Secamiglio embraced his children and wife after he got off the plane. He said the family had tried to stay in touch using technology and social media, but that didn't compare to reuniting in person.

"Everything goes through your head constantly," he said. "You're always worrying and wondering, and there's nothing you can do."

Maj. Troy Baccius said the work he did overseas was "rewarding," but he was looking forward to spending time with his kids following his time abroad.

"I hate going away and missing the time with them, but I love them so much, and I'm happy to be back," he said.

His wife, Ellen Baccius, said she was happy to see her husband. She noted any deployment isn't easy for family members and children.

"I had to be strong for them and showing them what it means to be sacrificing for your country, and we're proud to do it," she said.

The Delaware Air National Guard said another 60 airmen overall are returning Tuesday and Wednesday. Since last fall, more than 300 DANG airmen and four C-130s have been part of the Air Force's Aerospace Expeditionary Force.

Source: http://www.wdel.com/story/73847-video-delaware-air-national-guard-members-return-home-from-overseas-deployment

View full article