New to 4th SOS

mathis051606

The Herkapedia is a work in progress. Nothing has been added to the Ac-130 U page yet. I will add the frame work and hopefully someone will fill it in to help you out.

Hey mathis051606,

When private messages are back up shoot one my way with your email address.

Nate,

I think I got a message from you but I could not get to the site for a week and a half (AVG would block, I think), bottom line is never was able to read and that function appears to be down for now. Hit me back at .mil or when it comes back on line.

that and out of our 12 guys we\'ve lost 6 because of the cannon thing whether is be retirement or no retainability etc. so were getting the bulk of new guys, are you a non-vol or a volunteer, i wouldn\'t be surprised if you get down to hrt after lrf that you are kicked over to the 16th

Is the entire SQ moving to Cannon? As of right now I only have retainability to return from Overseas. I was also told that my orders say the 4th in stead of the 19th so that I will go to the 4th and not the 16th. I also got offered a Shadow slot. I\'m hoping to stay at Hurby. I am in the process of building a house! Oh, I am a volunteer. I wanted to see something different and didn\'t want to go back to Tinker.

yes the whole squadron is moving, and you have to go to the 19th after LRF to get qualled on the gunship, once you hit littlerock the registar will hit you up for a ADSC for the formal training or they will boot you from the class so who knows, if i were you i would go the shadow route if you main goal is to stay in florida, if you go gunships no matter which squadron you\'ll make it to cannon, based on the crossflow plan to swap people in and out of there supposedly:unsure:

No worries. My main concern is the airplane. I can deal with the location. It will be nice to be in Florida for at least a little or however long they let me stay. Is the airplane as much fun as it sounds like? Lastly, how do the other folks down there feel about moving to Cannon? I haven\'t heard a whole lot about it. Probably because i\'m not part of the community yet.

plane is alright its pretty fun when your using it for its intended purpose, other than that

i would say its standard airplane, not worries of taking on 50k in gas or staying up for 8hr local at least. you\'ll have fun study up at littlerock since they give you min time there for initial quall i believe if your not slated for msn qual at the rock then you come out of there with about 5 flights and a check, congrats on coming to herks and the 4th