Flight Records

jeep

I have come across several Form 781s from Viet Nam missions that I failed to turn in. I was a loadmaster assigned to a crew pool, flying out of Saigon. For whatever reason, I never turned in the paperwork and never got credit for the hours or the missions. I do believe this puts me over the threshold for an Air Medal. Does anybody know if there is anything I can do about this, or am I just wasting my time?

Good luck with that, when I left Naha I was told that I had the requirements for an Air Medal.and was given an Air medal by the awards officer. Well after I was discharged I sent a letter asking about the paper work and was told they had no information So here I set with an Air Medal and no paper work. Really made me mad as hell!!!

Cliff Ward

56 543

21st Naha 1967 68 69

Cliff,

I retired Oct 05 - found out last year that two decorations I had been awarded did not make it into my offical record. I filled out the form mentioned earlier in the thread - a few weeks later I got a call from Randolph asking for a copy of the "Special Order" for those decorations. I did have copies, fired it off and about a month later recieved an amendment to my 214 AND! they actually sent the medals with the clusters for each.

If I understood you correctly you have the decoration but not the supporting paperwork/orders - did anybody else get the same decoration at the same time? If you are in contact with somebody that has a copy of the Special Order it should be a "snap" to get things pulled straight. Best of Luck to Ya!

Fleagle