Heavy Chain (Finished)

Guest Casey

I have recreated the basic art work for the prints following my hard drive crash and have almost finished the first new print.

[ATTACH]294[/ATTACH]

Casey,

I sent you comments on Heavy Chain via email. Their airplanes were not all alike, and there were changes over the years. I was used to seeing a VHF antenna above the cockpit....

Your work on these prints is excellent.

Regards,

John

Edited by TalonOneTF
VHF antenna

Casey,

I sent you comments on Heavy Chain via email. Their airplanes were not all alike, and there were changes over the years. I was used to seeing a VHF antenna above the cockpit....

Your work on these prints is excellent.

Regards,

John

Thanks for the feedback. I adjusted the metal color per your suggestion. In the pictures I have 12641 does not have the VHF antenna.

Casey

The coloring looks much better. The antenna shown on your print and on the photo you used is a UHF antenna, a little behind the cockpit. The VHF antenna position looked more like this one.

P.S. The tail number on the airplane when that photo you used for your print was taken was a bogus number......duh!

The info I got from the person who requested the pint and was involved in the project indicated that the the aircraft was LPN 3991, tail number 64-0507 (12641 in my reference photos.) I have noticed quite a few differences in the antennas and sensor location between the two aircraft. Is the antenna on the belly in the print a VHF antenna? I need to make sure everything is correct before I send it to the printer.

On a 64 Model it should be. Position looks right based on Marine F Model

(USAF B Model right????) It may have had a different antenna, this one looks like a newer one.(Avionics System Improvement Program, mid to late 80's)

The OLD one was a AFT tapered (swoosh) looking thing...

(SORRY that SWOOSH ant was on top, looking at the Gallery helps....)

Edited by NATOPS1

Casey, always thought your prints were outstanding. Any chance of getting a 6594th TG print? Showing the Bs, HC-Hs, and P models as well as the patch? Something along those lines. Maybe a recovery catch? Helio refuel? etc. Thanks.

A 17th TAS print.

A 32nd TAS print.

A 16 TATS print.

Just some thoughts Casey. Keep up the excellent work.

Quote: "Is the antenna on the belly in the print a VHF antenna?"

The answer is yes. At some point they relocated the VHF antenna from the belly to above the cockpit, and some of the earlier VHF antennas had winglets, as below.

John

Bob,

The first shot I posted (view looking at the right-hand side of the airplane) is numbered 63-7785--that is 64-0507 (Mfg # 3991).

The second shot, (view looking diagonally at the left-hand side of the airplane) is numbered 64-0564--that actually is 64-0564 (Mfg # 4074)

John

Casey, always thought your prints were outstanding. Any chance of getting a 6594th TG print? Showing the Bs, HC-Hs, and P models as well as the patch? Something along those lines. Maybe a recovery catch? Helio refuel? etc. Thanks.

A 17th TAS print.

A 32nd TAS print.

A 16 TATS print.

Just some thoughts Casey. Keep up the excellent work.

I will add those to my list. A HC is already on the books so changing it up for the squadron should be fairly easy.

Thanks Casey. I thought that a print with the T.G. and it's 3 models would nice. But just a B or HC during a catch would be great.

If you're doing special orders, then I have one. An E model with 4 patches, one in each corner, both 16 TATS, 32nd & 17th TAS.