APR is not a good month for SOF

An 8 SOS CV-22 aircraft went down, Friday, 2 Apr 2010, at approximately 1 a.m., about seven miles west of Qalat, the capital of Zabul province, in Afghanistan. It's reported that 3 US Military and one civilian were killed. Numerous injured were taken to a hospital. The CV-22 had been transporting U.S. service members.

Please help pass ...the word: Memorial Service for Major Randy Voas and Senior Master Sergeant JB Lackey are scheduled for this Thursday, April 15th at 1000L in the Freedom Hangar. The Freedom Hangar is located directly next to the 8th SOS (formerly known as the 20th SOS). The reception will be at Helen Back restaurant/bar on Okaloosa Island from 1500 midnight (or later). If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. The unit is open 24 hrs from now until Friday. Contact numbers are 850-881-4475/4460/4455

Skip, do you have any more information on the cause of the crash?

Is there a full crew list for the incident, always have to really hold my breath when I look at crash lists. All too often I know someone on the listcry3.gif

To my brothers that have taken their final flight, you have earned your warriors rest in Valhalla!

I am proud of our warriors and the ultimate sacrifices they have made.

Dan

7376be5.gifpowmia.gif