Goodfellow AFB

bobdaley

Anyone in San Angelo?

I got a question about Goodfellow. Last I had heard there were 2 Herks at Goodfellow 56-0524 and 61-2364. They were supposed to get 62-1794 from Sheppard but I don't know if it is there. 54-1637 which was at Goodfellow was moved to Ft Benning as a ground trainer.

Can someone verify the current status!

Thanks Bob

Don

You have better eyes than me. You should have been in the Recce Tech Sq at Langley.

I checked Goodfellow out on Google Earth. The picture was from Feb 2010

The camo A 56-0524. The camo fuselage without wings is 54-1637 that was shipped in March 2010 to Fort Benning.

The one gray E I am sure of 61-2364. The other one should be 62-1794.

I only saw one gray E. Now you started it again. Back to Google Earth.

Bob

PS I found the second one.

BTW next time U hit GE try 115 Town Point Lane Centreville MD, Russian Embassy Compound Eastern Shore MD

Edited by bobdaley

Don

You have better eyes than me. You should have been in the Recce Tech Sq at Langley.

Bob,

I may have found the 4th C-130 @ Goodfellow and the Tristar @ Atlantic City, but I'll be damned if I can find the A-model @ MacDill. I've been over every inch of that base on GE & last week drove to every place that was accessible. It's either been broken up or shipped somewhere else.

That's a nice shack the Ruskies have on the Eastern Shore of MD.

Don R.

Oh, BTW, thank's for making me lose most of my morning on GE when I should've been doing things much more constructive. It's addictive!