Duane Rapelje

Mt.crewchief

First of all, welcome to the forum! As usual, I was lurking in the new members notice area and saw the name Rapelje and thought wow somebody from my area!!!

Well, no such luck but wanted to ask you if you are a distant relative of the person that Rapelje Montana was named after. Rapelje is a small (very small) farming/ranching community 27 miles north of Columbus where I live. It is right in the middle of nowhere and is mostly a grain farming area. Nice country though!!

You mentioned being a 1st Sgt of the 817th TAS in 68 and 69 so I would probably know you if I saw you. I was in the 35th and Msgt. Galloway was my 1st. Sgt. Gary Levesque and I took over his room in the barracks when his wife come over and he moved! I had friends in the 817th and I am sure there are a couple guys here on the forum that were also in the 817th. One of my classmates from Tech School was in the 817th. I think. His name was Ron Harper. you might have known him --especially if he was in trouble!!

Maybe you can answer a question about a couple guys that were there at the same time as you. Do you remember SMSGT Jesse James? Also there was a CMSGT around there that drove a red Honda car. First Honda car I had ever seen! I can't remember his name. I think there is a picture of Galloway in my gallery. If not, I will get it in soon!

By the way, thanks for posting something in your Bio. Some of us were recently discussing that!!!

Anyway, nice to have you aboard. I'll bet you can help a lot of us from Naha get some of our stories right!!!

Ken

PS Larry and Don, I was the first visitor!!!